If you or someone you know has been injured or disabled in a Georgia rear-end automobile accident, please contact the experienced Rome, Georgia personal injury attorneys at MATSON & MATSON.
There is no charge for an initial consultation.
Rear End Collisions in the Rome, Georgia Area
Rear end collisions are one of the most common types of auto accidents in Georgia, and occur when the front of one vehicle collides with the rear of another. They can range from high-speed accidents on busy highways to low speed fender benders on city streets.
Who is Responsible for a Rear End Collision?
The conventional wisdom is that the driver in the rear is the one responsible for a rear end collision. However, that is not always the case. Several factors can determine who is at fault in a rear end collision, such as:
- The speed at which the drivers were traveling;
- Whether either driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- The weather conditions at the time of the accident;
- The amount of space the driver in the rear left between himself and the car in front;
- Whether there were any eyewitnesses;
- The possible fault of a third party, such as a pedestrian or bicyclist; and
- Whether one driver was driving aggressively or acting out of “road rage.”
What To Do if You Have Been Involved in a Rear End Collision
If you have recently been involved in a rear end collision in Georgia, regardless of whether your car was in front or in back, you should speak to an experienced Rome Ga personal injury attorney at MATSON & MATSON immediately.
Even in cases where neither driver has been cited by the police, there still may be a cause of action to recover damages. To find out what rights you have as an accident victim, contact the experienced Rome, Georgia personal injury attorneys at Matson & Matson.